This type of skin has a fine texture and is very sensitive to changes in the climate. It could flair up with an allergy with a slight change in food intake, change in skin care routine. Some skins also react when they come in contact with metals (fake jewellery) or leather (wrist watch straps wrist bands) or synthetic clothing. This skin cannot take normal beauty routine's like bleaching, waxing, threading etc.
Sensitive skin can be of following types
- Natural sensitive skin - the person is born with sensitive skin, this skin type is inherited and cannot be corrected permanently. It is literally impossible to use any skin care product. People with this type of skin should strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor. Every new product should be tried behind the ears or on the inside of the arm at least for 24 hours and only if there is no adverse reaction it can be used on the face.
- Sensitive to one particular food, ingredient and material - the foremost thing is to identify the cause of the discomfort. If it is a particular type of food, (say shell fish) it should be avoided completely. If it is an ingredient say sulphar keep the doctor informed before he prescribes any medicine. If it is an allergy to certain material say metal void fake jewellery.
How to Identify Sensitive Skin?
Look out for
- Skin that shows signs of flare ups.
- Pale dull looking patchy skin.
- In case of doubt, check with the customer subtly.